OR had indefinitely suspended Carrington following his July 1 arrest. "We will always consider Darren a Duck and support him in any way we can".
Wide receiver Darren Carrington was dismissed from the team, according to The (Eugene) Register-Guard.
OR had indefinitely suspended Carrington after police stopped him in downtown Eugene.
During his time at Oregon, Carrington was one of the most dynamic receivers in the history of the school.
The senior, who opted not to declare for the 2017 NFL Draft, was arrested weeks ago after his vehicle collided with a pole in Eugene, Ore. "We wish him all the best in his future endeavors", head coach Willie Taggart wrote in a statement. He also was cited for careless driving and making an improper turn, according to the Register-Guard.
In the fall, Carrington was accused of pushing a man and breaking the man's arm while dressed like the Joker for Halloween.
He was suspended for the College Football Playoff championship game against Ohio State in January 2015, reportedly for failing an NCAA-mandated drug test. Carrington led the Ducks in receiving yards past year, catching 43 passes for 606 yards and five touchdowns.
Carrington finishes his OR career with 112 catches for 1,919 yards and 15 touchdowns over three seasons, including two bowl games.
- Venus Williams determined to have entered intersection legally in crash
- Supreme Court affirms Obaseki as Edo State Governor
- Blac Chyna Seeks Restraining Order Against Rob Kardashian
- Philando Castile case: Yanez accepts voluntary separation agreement with St. Anthony
- John Terry nails Aston Villa initiation song with classic, teammates love it
- China To Open First Overseas Military Base In Djibouti
- Woman destroys $200000 artwork while taking a selfie
- I'll give him a mean, angry look - Zverev jokes about unsettling Federer
- LGBT activists condemn Floyd Mayweather's use of anti-gay slur
- Gianfranco Zola tells Chelsea to sign this striker right now