Bernecker, who was a stuntman on the show, died on Wednesday after succumbing to his injuries from a fall on set.
Now, broadcasters AMC have announced that production on the hugely successful show has been temporarily halted in light of the tragic accident.
Lauren Cohan who plays Maggie Rhee echoed his sentiments: "Fear Walking Dead family, please keep John, our stunning and his family in your prayers today". He sustained massive head injuries and was airlifted to Atlanta Medical Center, where he was placed on a ventilator. He's also had bit parts in Logan, The Last Witch Hunter, Goosebumps and HBO's True Detective.
Bernecker was an experienced stuntman and fight choreographer.
Prior to Bernecker's passing, several cast and crew members on The Walking Dead showed support on social media.
According to Deadline, representatives of SAG-AFTRA - the actors union that also includes stunt professionals - are investigating.
As well as working on The Walking Dead, John has appeared in films including The Fast And The Furious and Get Hard.
Bernecker's union, SAG-AFTRA says that they are now investigating the cause of his fall, as it's not clear how and why the unfortunate accident happened. We hope and pray that he recovers from this accident and comes back to his family and girlfriend.
Addressing Bernecker directly, actor J.D. Evermore wrote: "It was a pleasure to know and work [with] you".
- Philando Castile case: Yanez accepts voluntary separation agreement with St. Anthony
- Gianfranco Zola tells Chelsea to sign this striker right now
- Spider-Man Tom Holland Swings By KK Women's and Children's Hospital
- Paths to Sainthood Now Include Saving a Life, Says Pope
- China To Open First Overseas Military Base In Djibouti
- Why ClubCorp Holdings, Inc. Stock Soared on Monday
- Supreme Court affirms Obaseki as Edo State Governor
- Rob Kardashian & Blac Chyna's History As Told Through Social Media
- Summer League in Las Vegas opens with Lonzo Ball struggling
- Matt Kenseth likely done at Joe Gibbs Racing at end of year