The government already informed that the attacked bus was moving without any security and it has not been registered with the Amarnath yatra shrine.
"I counted five of them on the road and two on motor bikes".
The bus which was attacked was being driven by Muslim driver, Saleem Sheikh, on the national highway when terrorists who lay in waiting fired indiscriminately and killed 7 and injured 32.
The devotion and belief of the people going for the pilgrimage at the Amarnath caves Yatra are so strong that nothing, not even the terrorist attack on Amarnath, can shake their spirits.
As NPR's Julie McCarthy notes, there have been competing accounts of the motives behind the attack: "One version of events says the bus full of more than 50 pilgrims got caught in the crossfire", she reports for NPR's Newscast unit. After the incident, the USA president Donald Trump spoke to the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. "Pained beyond words on the dastardly attack on peaceful Amarnath Yatris in J&K".
Spain has also condemned the attack, with Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy saying "India can count on Spain in the fight against terror".
He spoke to Governor N N Vohra and Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti and assured all possible assistance required. The forces managed to kill three terrorists after an all-night encounter in Budgam in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday morning.
"The terrorist attack on AmarnathYatra is reprehensible and must be condemned", tweeted Congressman Ted Poe. He also directed officials to ensure foolproof security in future.
While visiting the injured in a hospital in Anantnag yesterday, she said the head of every Kashmiri hangs in shame over the incident.
"The terrorists are frustrated at the back-to-back losses suffered by them during counter-insurgency operations over the past month or so and have now resorted to attacking civilians and tourists", he said.
Meanwhile, as the annual pilgrimage continues, the central government issued the "highest alert" in Jammu and Kashmir.
Ismail was reportedly part of a group which came on two motorbikes and attacked the bus twice, carrying pilgrims mostly from Gujarat and Maharashtra who were returning after visiting the cave shrine of Lord Shiva.
"The United States strongly condemns the cowardly terrorist attack on religious pilgrims in the state of Jammu and Kashmir on July 10".
- Summer League in Las Vegas opens with Lonzo Ball struggling
- Why ClubCorp Holdings, Inc. Stock Soared on Monday
- Venus Williams determined to have entered intersection legally in crash
- Supreme Court affirms Obaseki as Edo State Governor
- Paths to Sainthood Now Include Saving a Life, Says Pope
- Halo 5 is getting the 4K treatment for Xbox One X
- News of Eminem's ninth album has just been leaked
- Romelu Lukaku breaks Paul Pogba's record at Manchester United
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Nemesis Forge Lets You Import Your Nemesis
- Drug Free America calls John Morgan lawsuit 'disappointing'