The PDP candidate, Mr Ize-Iyamo, had approached the apex court filing the dismissal of his appeal at the Appeal Court, which challenged Obaseki's election as governor.
The Senator Ahmed Makarfi's led National Caretaker Committee of the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP) has said that in spite of the ruling of the Supreme Court, it stands with its candidate during the 2016 Edo state governorship election, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, for his dogged determination to reclaim his mandate.
INEC, Obaseki and the APC were listed as first, second and third respondents respectively in the dismissed suit. Justice Dongban-Mensen, ruled that the Justice Ahmed Badamasi-led Tribunal did a pain-staking job in its judgement, and so deserved commendation, adding that the tribunal should be commended for properly evaluating all the witnesses' evidence and ascribing "probative value" to it.
"Today, July 10, 2017, the Supreme Court in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, delivered yet another landmark judgment affirming my victory and that of my party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), in the Edo State governorship election which held on the 28th of September, 2016".
Meanwhile, Ize-Iyamu had yesterday, in a statement, congratulated Governor Obaseki.
He congratulated Mr Obaseki for the victory, and called on the people of the state to "keep the fire burning in the quest for an Edo State of our dreams".
- Philando Castile case: Yanez accepts voluntary separation agreement with St. Anthony
- Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez to participate in 2017 Home Run Derby
- Teen Who Plotted 9/11 Attack On Elton John Concert Given Life Sentence
- The Government's Housing Minister Broke Down When Talking About Grenfell Survivors
- Judge: Florida's Updated 'Stand Your Ground' Law Unconstitutional
- Halo 5 is getting the 4K treatment for Xbox One X
- John Terry nails Aston Villa initiation song with classic, teammates love it
- Drug Free America calls John Morgan lawsuit 'disappointing'
- HBO Announces Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 9 Premiere Date
- Blac Chyna Seeks Restraining Order Against Rob Kardashian