343 announces 4K update for Halo 5. Noticeably absent from the list was Halo 5 and it looks like we now know why. 343 promised that more information will be given about this update as we near the release of the Xbox One X. All of these titles will allow LAN play on Xbox One, even being possible to include play between Xbox One and Xbox 360. Furthermore, once these games launch on the program, every single Xbox 360 Halo DLC map pack will be made available for free.
On top of all of that, 2017 marks the ten year anniversary of Halo 3.
Frank O'Connor, the development director of the Halo franchise over at 343 Industries, tweeted out a mysterious message last night pertaining to the games they work on.
Halo is one of the quintessential first-person shooter series, and since Halo 5: Guardians came out back in 2015 players have been eagerly awaiting the conclusion to the new Forerunner Trilogy (especially since Halo 5 ended on one hell of a cliffhanger). Microsoft announced this news as part of its "Halo Summer Celebration" news update on Thursday, and while it's good news for owners of those games, a similar slew of classic-Halo fans have been left scratching their heads. Gamescom runs from August 22-26 in Cologne, Germany.
Thanks to the Master Chief Collection's various issues (some related to matchmaking problems, some related to how limited character customization became) fans have wanted these options for a while, and it's great to see it finally happen.
- Whatsapp to roll out new features like new emoji seek choice
- Andy Murray pulls out of Hurlingham exhibition match with a sore hip
- Arrest clause in GST may be misused, says Mamata Banerjee
- France's Total Set to Invest $1 Billion in Giant Iranian Gas Field
- Backlash at Trump Commission Request for Voter Data
- A Fake Hannibal Buress Crashed The Spider Homecoming Premiere
- Drug Free America calls John Morgan lawsuit 'disappointing'
- General Motors Shares Higher
- Qualcomm and Vivo show off under-display fingerprint tech
- Teen Who Plotted 9/11 Attack On Elton John Concert Given Life Sentence