The airport has made an announcement advising passengers that terminal three will remain closed at present while safety precautions continue.
Manchester Airport said there is a "potential issue with a bag" in Terminal Three as the bomb squad scrambled to the scene.
"Only Terminal three is affected".
Greater Manchester Police confirmed the Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team is on the route.
It comes after the Terminal One at the airport was evacuated yesterday evening after water began pouring through the roof.
The airport said passengers due to fly from Terminal 3 should contact their airline.
Manchester's airport is the third biggest in the country and more than 22 million passengers travel through it each year. Images on social media show passengers waiting on the Tarmac. The terminal re-opened shortly after the announcement, sending hundreds of passengers rushing for their bags - or simply headed outside.
The airport also said that plane's due to arrive at Terminal 3 are heading to the other two terminals.
The Airport Terminal II had been evacuated on Thursday night after an unattended bag was found outside the airport.
- Whatsapp to roll out new features like new emoji seek choice
- Judge: Florida's Updated 'Stand Your Ground' Law Unconstitutional
- Obamacare: Trump tweets repeal now, replace later
- US Soldier Killed in Taliban Indirect Fire Attack in Afghanistan
- Backlash at Trump Commission Request for Voter Data
- Qualcomm and Vivo show off under-display fingerprint tech
- General Motors Shares Higher
- Andy Murray pulls out of Hurlingham exhibition match with a sore hip
- First day of PM Modi's three-day historic visit to Israel
- Flu jab obsolete? New human trial for skin patch with dissolvable microneedles